NBSV 014: 25 questions from listeners on all things vegan fitness & nutrition
Updated: Jul 25
I’m doing something a little different today, and answering 25 questions from listeners, rapid-fire style. We’ve got incredibly wide-ranging questions about veganism, health, fitness, and nutrition.
I listed out the questions and didn’t do any prep, so you get whatever pops into my brain. (Definitely a new thing for me!)
I discuss foam rolling, supplements for vegan strength training, organic foods, coffee, cooked versus raw foods, keto, vegan party recipes, travelling as a vegan, weight loss, and accordions…
Note: I accidentally labelled 2 questions as "question #20", so the episode contains 26 questions, not 25. Free bonus!
Links, further reading, and resources mentioned in the episode:
>> Foam rolling:
- Foam Rolling as a Recovery Tool after an Intense Bout of Physical Activity. Macdonald et al., 2013.
- Effect of Foam Rolling and Static Stretching on Passive Hip-Flexion Range of Motion. Mohr, Long, & Goad, 2014.
- The Effects of Myofascial Release With Foam Rolling on Performance. Healey et al., 2014.
- Foam Rolling for Delayed-Onset Muscle Soreness and Recovery of Dynamic Performance Measures. Pearsey et al., 2015.
>> Organic and GMO foods
>> Stalled weight loss
- The calorie calculator I use with my clients
>> Pre- and post-workout supplements
- Here's the study: Bananas as an Energy Source during Exercise: A Metabolomics Approach. Nieman et al., 2012.
>> Calorie deficits and total protein:
>> Tips for a beginner athlete and beginner vegan
- Episode 1 of the No-Bullshit Vegan podcast with research resources
>> Cooked versus raw veggies
- 3 things you should know about muscle gain. Includes section on leucine. (By Anastasia Zinchenko)
- The complete 'incomplete' protein story, by Anastasia Zinchenko
>> Protein quality
- Debunking nutrition myths for the vegan strength athlete, by Melody Schoenfeld
>> Vegan recipes for parties: How to create an awe-inspiring 5-item vegan dessert bar
>> Keto diet
>> Being vegan while travelling
Connect with your host, Karina Inkster:
>> Follow me on Instagram
Download Karina's 350-item vegan grocery list!
Need inspiration for healthy plant-based eating? Need to spice up your daily meal routine? Download your free vegan grocery list! With more than 350 healthy items (some of which might be new to you), you'll be a vegan nutrition superhero in no time.
To share your thoughts:
Comment on the episode's Facebook post.
To support the show: Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your reviews really help, and I read each one!